Login NowClose 
Sign In to newsexaminer.com           
Forgot Password
Close

Sports Briefs

- N/A

CONNERSVILLE BABE RUTH

MINOR A

Monday’s score

Rays 7, Red Sox 2

MAJORS

Monday’s score

Blue Jays 16, Cubs 7

Senior League tryouts

Senior league (ages 13-15) tryouts will be held on Saturday at 10 a.m. at the senior league field. Registrations for senior league are also still open.

Connersville Youth Football registrations

Registrations are now being taken at www.connersvillefootball.com for anyone interested in playing for the Connersville Youth Football League. The fee for those registering until July 13 will be $85 per child. The fee after July 13 will be $100 per person. The age groups for the CYFL will be K-6th grade.

Payment plans and scholarships are available. Those interested in a scholarship should contact coach Adam Kelly at akelly@fayette.k12.in.us

During equipment hand-out on July 14 and 21, each player will receive one raffle ticket for every dollar spent on registration. Players will be able to sell the tickets to recoup the registration fee, or have to option to keep the raffle tickets. Those tickets can be used at Spartan Fan Fest, where two flat screen TVs will be raffled off. 

Weigh-in and equipment distribution will take place at 11 a.m. on July 14 and 21 at Spartan Field. CYFL practices for all age groups will begin on July 23 at 6 p.m. at Spartan Field.

Nolan Kicks 4 Causes 3v3 soccer tourney

The Nolan Kicks 4 Causes 3vs3 soccer tournament will be held at River’s Edge Park, 425 E. Veteran’s Memorial Drive in Connersville, on Saturday, June 16.

All skill levels are welcome to participate, from U9 to adult age groups. Cost is $100 per team and there is a limit to six players per team.

Limbitless Solutions will receive 75 percent of all funds raised at the event, with the remaining 25 percent going to River’s Edge Park. The tourney is an official qualifier for the Challenge Sports 3v3 National at ESPN Wild World of Sports at Disney World on Aug. 3-5. The top four teams in each division will qualify for the national tournament. For more information or to download a registration form, go to nolankicks4causes.com or call Darrell Shawl at 765-338-6442.

Nine-hole league looking for golfers

A ladies nine-hole golf league at Willowbrook is searching for golfers, interested in joining. The league plays every Tuesday, starting at 9 a.m.

The league is for ladies who enjoy golf and making friends. For more information, or to join, please call Penny Kindred at 765-265-2259 or Mary Helen Hankins at 765-265-0736.